Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Peacebloom vs Ghouls, Guild Level 25 Rewards and 4.0.1 Patching

BlizzCap?


So here I was browsing MMO-Champion and reading the latest updates for the beta and then I found the achievements “Dont' Want No Zombies on My Lawn” (Survive 25 waves on the Endless Mode of Peacebloom vs. Ghouls) and “Bloom and Doom” (Survive 100 waves on Endless Mode the Peacebloom Vs. Ghouls quest.)
 
My first thought was Plants vs. Zombies but my question was how? For those who does not know what PopCap’s big hit Plants vs. Zombies is, here you have the trailer for XBLA: PvZ for XBLA



Today I got the answer for my suspicions. Here is a video created by TotalBiscuit of the Peacebloom vs. Zombies game in the beta. Apparently it starts out as a regular quest where you have to fend off two regular waves and one massive wave from the “Sludge Fields”. After you have done this quest you can do it again in an “infinite” mode to get the achievements mentioned before. This will be a fun addition to the game in my opinion.
 
Guild Level 25 Reward



MMO-Champion also posted the Guild Level 25 rewards for both Horde and Alliance. We have seen the Alliance reward earlier but now we finally got to see the Horde one as well.
 
Here is the video of the Alliance reward:





Sadly there is no ingame video of the Horde reward but here is the model in video format:





The mounts will be available for members of level 25 guilds (with exalted status?) for the price of 1500 gold.


Patch 4.0.1 Background Downloader



Last week I posted something related to the background downloader and the upcoming patch. This weekend the background downloader started downloading a new part of the patch and this one is huge. The first part was on 1,74GB but this one is 4,45GB. That is 6,19GB in two parts and more may come. 

I actually wondered why they are so big but then I remembered that even people who do not buy Cataclysm will get the “new Azeroth” so they have to get the new changes as well. My guess is that most of the content that is in these files will not be available until Patch 4.0.3 which is the world changing event patch according to wowwiki. 

And on a side note. Worgen being their own mount is awesome. 

No comments: